Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Pages 5, how to get date to automatically update upon opening a template?

I'm using Pages 5.2. In prior versions of Appleworks and Pages I was able to construct and save a template in which the date would automatically update to the current date when the template was opened. I have tried "Insert Date" and I can click on that to update to current date, but I don't always remember to do that and therefore, some of my documents are dated several months prior.

Can't seem to find how to do it under Pages 5.2 Anyone have help or a work around?

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 3:31 PM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2014 3:40 PM in response to Roger83245

Well, Pages v5.2 is unrelated to any prior Apple WP application, because it is brand new, and badly in need of about 100 features/functional updates that Apple has not added. Short answer, there is no auto-update of dates in Pages v5.2.

If Pages ’09 v4.3 remains in your /Applications/iWork ’09 folder, I would advise you to use it instead.

In Pages 5, how to get date to automatically update upon opening a template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.