Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i purchased an ipad air 16GB model A1474 and i was wondering why it has no sim tray and how can i put sim .

i am just wondering if the ipad air 16GB model A1474 has no sim tray ,and how can i put sim in it if this model has not equip of sim tray.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 2:18 AM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2016 3:50 PM in response to traceur333

From an online chat and telephone discussion I had today with Apple Support and Sales I learned the most I can get for an in-store buyback of (i.e., as in-store credit for) my 1-year, 2-week-old (perfect condition) A1474 (received as a gift from my daughter who bought it new from the Santa Monica California Apple store in April 2015) is $180. Thus the "option" of a sim tray will cost $349 minimum for a "trade" to an iPad with a hard drive with half the capacity of my current iPad. Apparently the iPadAir2 is the cheapest iPadAir currently available and Apple sells the 16GB model for $529. Why Apple began selling only 16GB and 64GB models of the iPadAir with its debut of the iPadAir2 is something I and other Apple users (such as my older daughter) would like to know. (Contemplating the purchase of an iPhone 6SE due to problems with her non-sim iPhone 4, my daughter was told the same limited options -- 16GB and 64GB -- now apply to the Apple iPhone.)

i purchased an ipad air 16GB model A1474 and i was wondering why it has no sim tray and how can i put sim .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.