Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD problem

I am having a very annoying problem. I made a movie in Final Cut Express, exported to .mov and am trying to burn it in iDVD. I have been burning since Thursday. It says that it has burnt correctly, but a little over half way through a 2.5 hour movie it stops. It has stopped in different spots, but within a 30 minute area. I have checked the video in Final Cut Express. I have re-saved the project several times. I am confused. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 4:38 AM

6 replies

Jun 25, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Thersa

I think it would be wise to make your videos shorter for several reasons.

The professional cinema has difficulty holding an audience's attention for a couple of hours . . . amateurs have less chance than a snowball in Hades . . . from my experience, very few non-professional film makers can even maintain interest for 5 minutes. Invariably Long = Boring

A single layer DVD can only produce videos up to an hour in good quality . . . any longer and the bit rate is reduced along with the optical quality.

To answer your specific question, Toast or DVD Studio Pro.

Jun 26, 2014 3:34 AM in response to Thersa

Re-reading your original post, It appears that you created a DVD successfully but there are playback problems in parts.

One cause of bad playback such as dropped frames or freezing can be the use of too fast a burn speed.

Fast burn speeds can lead to unreliable DVDs and I would imagine this problem is exacerbated by long DVDs.

Never burn faster than 4x and preferably slower.

iDVD Preferences.

User uploaded file

iDVD problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.