Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Boot into Bootcamp anymore. (No bootable drive found --"

Hey!

So, I'm having issues with bootcamp yet again. It was all running well a few weeks ago, but since then, something(s) broke and it's not booting into bootcamp.

Here's what I have:

I installed Windows 7 64bit onto a 120gb partition on my SSD. I ran into a lot of trouble trying to install it with compatibility issues and stuff. However, I finally installed it and it ran flawlessly. Both MacOSX and Bootcamp drives showed up when booting with Alt Option button.

This is where it gets tricky. I haven't used my bootcamp Windows install for a few weeks and when I tried booting into it today. It wasn't showing up anymore on my boot selection menu. I just had MacOSX, Recovery, and EFI Boot. When I went into Os X Recovery mode to check if the disk was there, my Bootcamp partition was there and it showed up when I selected "Start Up Disk" (in recovery mode). Selecting the Boot Camp Drive from there and restarting takes me to a black screen with: "No Bootable Drive found -- Please insert one and press any key". However, when I boot in OS X and go to System Preferences > Start Up Disk, I only see my Mac OS X drive. Not the bootcamp partition.

If I go to bootcamp utility, boot camp utility turns on with the "Remove Windows 7 or later version" checked by default.

What I did during the weeks I wasn't using bootcamp that could have affected the drive:

1. Format my Mac HDD to install OS X Yosemite on a test partition (which I have removed completely)

2. Rename my bootcamp drive name to Windows HD

I would really like not to have to do a full reinstall and be able to boot into my current bootcamp installation with all my programs and files back on there.

Any help is greatly appreciated! If you need clarification, just ask. :3 I might not have made this very easy to understand.

Thanks,

C

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 8:10 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to Boot into Bootcamp anymore. (No bootable drive found --"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.