Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch32

So I wanted to watch a movie online and I clicked on Watch32. When I tried to play the movie a bunch of pop up adds came up including two saying that I now I had a virus and asking if I wanted to clean my mac. I "x'ed" out of all of them immediately(there were about 5) and did not click on anything in them, and then "x'ed" out of the movie player(which was playing the movie just fine?). So now I'm really concerned that my computer has a virus or is screwed up in some way, it's brand new, I just bought it, and I really really want it to be okay and last as long as it possibly can! Please help me, I'm really scared I just messed up my whole machine, Thank you!

My MacBook Pro has the latest software updates and everything. It is a refurbished model.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 8:52 AM

Watch32 is an illegal piracy site. There is no legal way to watch the movies it offers online for free. As such, visiting this site is extremely hazardous. Do not go back there again, or to any other similar site. Such places have become the number one source of all adware and malware on the Mac! Restrict yourself to legal video sources, such as Netflix, Hulu, the iTunes or Amazon stores, etc.

Now, as to what happened... if you just saw some pop-ups, but did not download any files to your computer and then open them, then that was just a scam. (That's a very common scam, which tries to fool you into downloading some "anti-virus" software that is actually malware, or to call some fake tech support company that will remove the "virus" for a fee and/or being given remote access to your Mac. As long as you did not do any of these things, you're fine.)

If you did download and open something, anything is possible. It's most likely that you would have adware installed, which could be removed fairly easily. Malware is possible, but even on such a nasty site, unlikely. Most known Mac malware is blocked directly by the system if it has been kept up-to-date.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Community User

Watch32 is an illegal piracy site. There is no legal way to watch the movies it offers online for free. As such, visiting this site is extremely hazardous. Do not go back there again, or to any other similar site. Such places have become the number one source of all adware and malware on the Mac! Restrict yourself to legal video sources, such as Netflix, Hulu, the iTunes or Amazon stores, etc.

Now, as to what happened... if you just saw some pop-ups, but did not download any files to your computer and then open them, then that was just a scam. (That's a very common scam, which tries to fool you into downloading some "anti-virus" software that is actually malware, or to call some fake tech support company that will remove the "virus" for a fee and/or being given remote access to your Mac. As long as you did not do any of these things, you're fine.)

If you did download and open something, anything is possible. It's most likely that you would have adware installed, which could be removed fairly easily. Malware is possible, but even on such a nasty site, unlikely. Most known Mac malware is blocked directly by the system if it has been kept up-to-date.

May 19, 2015 4:34 AM in response to thomas_r.

Hello brother. I've been using Windows laptop and iPhone iOS device also. I want to watch free movies online but I check the websites that you suggest above such as Netflix and Hulu but both of it is not available here in United Arab Emirates, it is available only in the USA. If you don't mind brother, can you suggest to me more legal video sources through online that I can use both with my iOS devices and my Windows PC?

Thanks Sir.

I'll wait for your reply in my email in iCloud Mail.

Watch32

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.