Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intranet with MacBook Pro and iPads

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but here is my issue.

I'm trying to set up a simple intranet network hosted on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I have created a local web site hosted in the Apache server on the MBP, and I want 5 iPads to access it. Its event photos for sale. The problem is, the site shows up on the iPads ok, but when I tap a photo to enlarge it, it hesitates, then the browser crashes, every time, no matter what browser is used. I use the .local address of the MBP.

I'm using an Airport Extreme for the wifi. I tried connecting the Airport to the MBP with an ethernet cable, and making a whole new intranet network on the Airport, and it still does the same thing, despite trying a lot of different configurations. So, I got a MAMP server, and it still did not help. I need it to work offline because the events I photograph rarely have internet access. I've tried using the peer-to-peer connection with the same result.

I have used the exact same system hosted on my iMac (identical operating system) with no problems.

I can't figure out what is wrong, perhaps I should use a Mac Mini as a server, any help would be appreciated!

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 10:10 AM

There are no replies.

Intranet with MacBook Pro and iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.