Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro sees other macs on the network intermittently

Hi folks,

I am running into some weirdness on my home network. I have three Macs: 2 Macbook Pro and 1 Mac Pro. The Mac Pro I am attempting to run headless using either of the MacBooks to manage remotely. The VNC screen sharing works OK, but the connection is intermittent. Most of the time, when I use Finder on the MacBook to connect to the Mac Pro via screen sharing, the Mac Pro is not listed. I then ssh to the pro via Terminal, and moments later the pro will show up in my MacBook's Finder and I can use the screen sharing (which, by the way, works fine but has annoying latency problems that I just don't see when I RDP in to my Windows box - another story).

The Mac Pro is running 10.6.8 (it's old) while the two MBPs are running Mavericks. The Mac Pro is on ethernet while the MBPs are wireless.

I'm afraid I don't know much about Finder's interpretation of networking, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ron

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 12:23 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook pro sees other macs on the network intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.