Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you sync your iphone camera VIDEOS to your imac computer without using icould?

How do you sync your iphone camera VIDEOS to your imac computer without using icould? i have already tried using the iphoto app but it only does pictures unless i am doing something wrong. Is there another App for syncing Videos that you take with your camera? Itunes only syncs music, apps, movies etc. i cant get my videos to sync there either. although i am blonde and i can find out where they are going on my imac. please help???

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 4:03 PM

ITunes is used to send photos/videos from the computer to the iPhone, not the other direction. The terminology Apple uses for sending them from the phone to the computer is "importing" and on a Mac you should be able to use either iPhoto or Image Capture as described in iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2014 4:03 PM in response to Community User

ITunes is used to send photos/videos from the computer to the iPhone, not the other direction. The terminology Apple uses for sending them from the phone to the computer is "importing" and on a Mac you should be able to use either iPhoto or Image Capture as described in iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Jun 5, 2016 9:47 AM in response to Community User

I know that this question is old but I had this question too.

If you are using My Photo Stream to import your photos over wi-fi from your device to your Mac: My Photo Stream only works with photo files. It does NOT work with VIDEO files (see pasted excerpt below.) So, if you don't want to use iCloud Photo Library, you will have to hard-wire connect to the Mac to import videos the traditional way. (Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support)

Which photo formats can I use with My Photo Stream?

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't work with video.

how do you sync your iphone camera VIDEOS to your imac computer without using icould?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.