Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Create A Photo Collage in Final Cut Pro X?

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie with Final Cut Pro X. I'm using it to edit aerial drone footage for real estate sales.

I have video from the outside of the houses, and I can edit that just fine. What I want to do, though, is have a kind of photo collage/montage of photos of the interior of the houses somewhere in the videos. But like I said, I'm totally new at this and have no idea how to do it.

If someone could explain how or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Karl

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 9:00 PM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2014 10:26 PM in response to superdooperkarl

I put out a remake of the Photo Recall effect a few weeks ago called Photo Recall Enhanced (it adds a lot more features to the effect already available in FCPX.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I8Lo0tFdPU

(there's more info in the About section under the video.) There's no charge.

All you need to do is stack the images or video you want to collage on the sceen and add this Effect to each clip. You can set the Background Opacity to 0% to get rid of the "recall" effect and that will leave you with just the "photo" on the screen. There's an onscreen control to help you position the image and other parameters for scaling and rotating (and all of these things can be keyframed for animation.

How Do I Create A Photo Collage in Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.