Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find format bar and formula bar in Numbers

I cannot find the formula bar or format bar in Numbers. (latest version of OS and Numbers)

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 5:47 AM

9 replies

Jul 10, 2017 5:08 PM in response to Tom W P

Tom W P wrote:

I cannot find the formula bar or format bar in Numbers at the top when I'm on a cell, to edit or past script (Like excel) or the old numbers

You can't find it at the top because the versions of Numbers released in recent years don't have it at the top. To familiarize yourself with the recent version you might want to spend a few minutes reading Help.

SG

Jun 25, 2014 7:08 AM in response to Holri Wolem

Hi Holri,

You are in the iOS format but appear to have an OSX question so here goes.

In Numbers 3 in OSX click the grey paintbrush in the upper right. When you have something selected you will get your format choices. When you type "=" into an empty cell you will see the formula choices.

On an iPhone or iPad you will also see the paintbrush. It works the same way as far as formatting goes. Double clicking a cell will bring up an entry screen the "=" will take you to the formula editor.

Hope this helps.

quinn

Jun 27, 2014 12:41 PM in response to t quinn

Thanks for your help. I made the mistake of using an 09 Numbers Users Guide rather than the help section for Numbers 3. I don't think the 3 help is as comprehensive at 09 was. I still have not found out out to replicate a formula from one cell to another that has one item as a constant and the other variable. EG I am trying to formulate a weight loss table. One column would show wt loss for each day from the start and another wt loss from one day to the next. I can format each cell to do that but do not know how to replicate the function down the column. Any help would be appreciated and thanks again.

Jun 27, 2014 4:45 PM in response to Holri Wolem

Hi Holri,

The short answer is to drag the yellow handle of the cell with the formula you want to fill. You may need to do other things befor you do that step. Show me the formula you want to propagate.

Why don't you put up a screenshot to show what you are trying to do. Click the cell so the formula shows.

to take a screenshot press cmd-shift-4 then click and drag for your screenshot. to upload it click the camera icon in the reply window and navigateto your pic.

quinn

May 6, 2015 12:54 PM in response to t quinn

Thanks for the help but Apple needs to sell a Power user version with all of the old stuff plus drag some of excels features over ... Every time they strip away powers user features from OSX, some one puts them back and makes it better. Or just hacks the system to get what you want done. Stop taking away features apple !!! At the vary least you could make hidden and able to turn on for more advance users.Your making America engineering look bad !!!!

How to find format bar and formula bar in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.