Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shuffle does not recognized by iTunes after restore

Hello

I have a iPod shuffle (4th gen) and a windows laptop.

After restoring my iPod shuffle (as directed by iTunes), iTunes does not recognized my iPod anymore.

The data in the iPod has been deleted (ie return to the factory settings), but iTunes does not proceed to prompt me to name my iPod and set up sync options etc, it simply does nothing and does not recognize my iPod.

I went on My Computer, and reformatted the iPod shuffle again. As a result of the reformatting, iTunes recognizes my iPod but it requires me to restore my iPod back to factory settings again. It became a cycle of either recognizing the iPod but asking me to restore it; or does not recognize my iPod after restoration.

Please kindly assist me with this situation as it is rather frustrating.

iTunes is in the latest version as I have attempted the trouble shooting support on the webpage.

Many thanks.

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 9:37 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2014 11:29 AM in response to priscillayeung

Hi priscillayeung,

If you are having issues with your iPod being recognized by your Windows computer but not by iTunes (or being recognized but requiring a restore, which then causes it to not be recognized again), you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363

Regards,

- Brenden

iPod shuffle does not recognized by iTunes after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.