Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match crashing iTunes when launched

Hello,

I am using a Windows 7 (64 bit) computer with iTunes 11.2.2.3 and every single time I try to use iTunes it generates an error message that references "iTunes Match has encountered an error and I need to sign in again" then it crashes my iTunes rendering it useless. I have completely uninstalled not only iTunes but all of the other Apple programs as per directions posted by Apple and I have re-installed my iTunes but it still keeps crashing.

Any suggestions would be helpful but honestly Apple folks - you gots sum buggy software that needs fixing.

Thank you,

Wonder Woman😢😕

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 12:18 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2014 1:57 PM in response to WndrWmn

Hi WndrWmn,

If you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, then you may want to check this article to make sure that you have uninstalled iTunes and its related components in the correct order, which is necessary to ensure the proper functionality of iTunes:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects.

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Jul 7, 2014 3:52 PM in response to braden85

Hello,

I am a help desk tech and found those exact directions online and did all of that but here's the curve ball in the situation. I just had to have my work laptop re-imaged and I just re-installed my iTunes and so far the problem seems to be gone. I don't think I'll ever know what caused the whole problem at this point so we can consider the problem solved.

Thank you very much for the suggestion though.....

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

iTunes Match crashing iTunes when launched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.