Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an apple personal laserwriter 320 printer. Is it possible to use this printer with my new iMac ?

I have an apple personal laserwriter 320 printer. Is it possible to use this printer with my new iMac ? I am using OSX (10.9.3). The printer is connected to the internet via a "Farallon adapter". Any suggestions ?

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 1:08 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 12:36 PM in response to krk

I have this question too. I have an Apple LaserWriter Select 360, 1200 dpi, which is still working.

I have an iMac, 2 MacBookPro's, MacBook Air which cannot print to it.

I heard there is a way to accomplish this.

1) Home network with 2 MacBkPros, 27" iMac, all connected via ethernet to home network

2) have router

3) Using Asante hub

4) Using Farallon ethermac iPrint Adapter (connects printer with Apple Talk connector)

5) Connected to 8 pin small port on back of printer

6) Used to be able to use on my network with ALL my Apple computers

7) Now, cannot use because iMac does not use Apple Talk

My work-around is to use an older G4, running 10.5.8 and print share.

I heard there is a way to use Apple LaserWriter Select 360.

I do have a Brother printer, but I also want to use the Apple printer.

It has duel trays, prints envelopes, and has been a great printer.

Thank you.

May 1, 2016 2:09 PM in response to krk

I would try using a small dedicated printer server that supports a parallel port in addition to an Ethernet port. If I remember correctly the old Apple Laserwirters all had parallel ports in addition tot he AppleTalk ports. They also all use postscript as well as HP's PCL for printing. In that respect you should be able to use a generic postscript driver already included with your Mac and then print through the print server.

I've used TP-Link, D-Link and Trendnet printer servers in the past with my Macs. It's getting a bit harder to find them with parallel ports, but they are still out there.

As long as you can get laser cartridges for the printers, I would use them till they died. They were pretty good printers.

Tom

I have an apple personal laserwriter 320 printer. Is it possible to use this printer with my new iMac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.