Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disable calendar -> maps integration

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Mavericks, my once slick and awesome appointment system has been hobbled thanks to the new calendar integration.... I create a new event, and try to type "conf call" into the location and I have to wait about 4 minutes whilst maps goes through its entire database of locations desperately trying to find something that matches for each and every single letter that I type. Now when I want to create a new conference call in my calendar, I type "conf call" and go get a refill on my filter coffee while I wait for it to fail and timeout looking for an address that doesn't exist.

I'm sure the feature is awesome for people that create the occasional meeting, and always have the time to wait for neat-o address magic to happen, but I'd just like to turn it off. The paperclip was a bad idea when MS did it in Office all those years ago, let's not revisit.

Cheers

Tony

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 1:01 PM

10 replies

How can I disable calendar -> maps integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.