Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover deleted videos off of an sd card

So I was importing all of my videos onto final cut from my sd card when my friend asked if he could have the sd card. i started to safely eject the sd card but it was still loading.(it was still importing the rest of the videos into final cut). He then took the sd card out without all the videos importing over and deleted them off the camera. What do i do!!!! Some of the videos did transfer across but some didn't, the rest just say missing camera.

Note: I have already tried to use a sd card recovery application, they recover all the photos fine but all the videos come down with a black screen when played and scarcely audio.

What is my next step?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 6:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2014 7:10 PM in response to Maco26

Do not save any more data to the SD card. You will most likely have to search the web and buy an application that is designed to recover video files. Make sure the application you buy can recover the format of your video files. If you can't find any applications that can recover video files the next step would be taking the SD card to a data recovery company; I've heard they can be expensive, but usually they have to remove a damaged hard drive from a machine and recover, maybe an SD recovery would not be that expensive? Good Luck

how to recover deleted videos off of an sd card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.