Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Macbook play sound for youtube videos?

Hi,

I've searched the forums for a solution to this and only so far have found answers that don't apply to my Macbook, namely for iPads, etc. The sound works fine otherwise (though it's never loud enough on this machine - I think the speakers may have issues). Regardless, for youtube ONLY, it will play video fine and maddeningly... no sound! I got this machine used and I don't seem to recall that it had this problem a couple years ago, but that one day it just stopped having audio for youtube. I have already tried resetting the PRAM and PMU - no effect. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 6:23 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2014 7:01 PM in response to Liane

Okay... Boy is my face RED! I've just learned from another post for MBPs that there is a volume slider now on each individual YouTube video. (I don't remember this being there before...) Regardless, on my computer on ALL youtube vids the slider was all the way to the left, (i.e., NO SOUND). So all I had to do was push the slider to the right...VOILA! SOUND AND VIDEO TOGETHER!!! And don't I feel silly! I can take apart a laptop and put it back together (and fix it!), but was stumped over this!

Just goes to show... sometimes it's the silliest little details that trip you up no matter HOW smart you think you are... Jeez! ;-)

Why won't my Macbook play sound for youtube videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.