Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HUGE glitches, wifi disconnecting, time not staying set, help?

Okay, there's a lot wrong with my ipod; its a ipod touch 5th gen I got it brand new back in august of 2013 with ios 6.1.3, i upgraded to 7 the day it came out. It worked fine until i broke the home button around january, but that's not the problem. About a month ago i was playing music and in the middle of scrolling through songs my ipod froze and was unresponsive for about 2-5 seconds. Then, the screen faded to black & discolored stripes went up and down my screen just for about a second. Then my ipod restarted to the apple logo. It has been doing this randomly while using it ever since then (its not just when I'm in music, it does it in every other app and on the home screen too.) Sometimes when it's locked I'll notice the apple logo come up because it restarted itself while it was locked. When it restarts, the time is never correct. The time sometimes goes back an hour, sometimes only 2 minutes, sometimes a few hours, its completely random. Then, the biggest pet peeve of it all is that while using it, the wifi will disconnect randomly. I have full bars on my wifi, ive reset the router completely and nothing works. What happens is the wifi will stay connected for about 10-15 seconds, then disconnect, then reconnect to the same wifi about 5 seconds later. Lastly, the bluetooth will be stuck at a spinning wheel, not ALL the time, but sometimes it glitches out like that.

YES, I HAVE RESTORED MY IPOD TO FACTORY SETTINGS MULTIPLE TIMES, NO IT DOES NOT WORK.

I can't take this to my local genius bar because the nearest apple store is about 3 hours away from where I live...

If it helps at all, I have noticed it restarts more often in high heat like outside, Im not sure if it is a thermal problem or not.

YES my ipod was jailbroken a few months ago, but it was back in December, it was not jailbroken when this started happening.

I know this is a lot to read and I appreciate those who take the time to read and help me out. I have tried everything i can to fix this, if i need to put more detail into this i could even make a short video to show the ipod glitching and restarting.

Thank you in advance for your replies, I'll answer any questions best I can.

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 11:31 PM

7 replies

Jun 25, 2014 11:39 PM in response to tvlxr

If you are having all those issues after you have successfully restore (not jailbroken), there is nothing more you can do other than seek service. You didn't describe what happened with the home button issue, if you got it fixed or not, but if it was fixed or repaired by a third party (not an Apple Authorized Service Provider) then Apple won't fix the iPod. Anyhow, I know you are a far ways away from a store, but there are usually mail in option as well.

http://selfsolve.apple.com

Contact Apple for support and service

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

https://locate.apple.com/country

Jun 26, 2014 12:08 AM in response to Jay-Ray

The home button issue was not a big bother, but what happened is I clicked the home button one day and it clicked sort of louder than usual, I tried clicking it again and it wouldnt click. It was almost as if it got smashed in, but it wasnt. As bizzare as it sounds I dropped the ipod a few weeks after that right on the corner of a table & must have hit the home button because the home button cracked. I managed to use tweezers to pry out the pieces of the home button out, I'm not sure if that would make apple not repair it.

Jun 26, 2014 12:24 AM in response to tvlxr

Well we can't really help you here with your problem, but this is not normal and these kind of failures are covered within warranty, these are hardware problems, your iPod is definitely defective.

Take the 3 hour drive and go to the Genius Bar. Apple will give you a new iPod for free (same model and color only), so your problem is solved then.

Jun 26, 2014 12:31 AM in response to tvlxr

It's possible that they may not, seeing that they may view the home button missing or any dents as physical damage. At any end, it may just be some sort of paid repair. I would still take it in and see what they say, never hurts to ask, or call if it's a long ways away (I wouldn't drive 3 hours one way just to be denied, I'd call).

HUGE glitches, wifi disconnecting, time not staying set, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.