Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable full screen mode in Google Chrome on an iPad?

I am aware that this functionality exists - but cannot find out how to implement it - any ideas out there?

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 3:39 AM

Swipe up from the bottom of the web page and the toolbar disappears which then enables the full screen mode. As soon as you swipe down on the screen, the toolbar will reappear. This does not function in the same way that a true full screen mode works, like it does in iCab Mobile, but that's as good as it gets in Chrome.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2014 3:39 AM in response to alisonc-w

Swipe up from the bottom of the web page and the toolbar disappears which then enables the full screen mode. As soon as you swipe down on the screen, the toolbar will reappear. This does not function in the same way that a true full screen mode works, like it does in iCab Mobile, but that's as good as it gets in Chrome.

Jan 9, 2016 10:06 AM in response to Julia_ja3

I can't explain that. It might have something to do with the website that your on at the time, but I can't reproduce the behavior on my iPad when using Chrome.

You could try clearing Chrome in Settings>Privacy. I would clear the data cache at the very least. Close Chrome completely and maybe even try force restarting the iPad and see if that fixes it. It might not help, but it will not hurt anything.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

How do I enable full screen mode in Google Chrome on an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.