Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Apple has web development software?

Hi everyone, I am looking for an innovative web development software to re design my website. I think iWeb is not available now. I have considered most of the web development applications but most of them have demerits. I have some New York based websites so I need a good one to maintain my websites. Can you please suggest me some?

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 10:26 AM

iWeb has not been sold or supported by Apple for the past 2 years.

There are lots of alternatives around, but it depends on how complex you want to get. Yes there is Dreamweaver, but if you want something that is very like iWeb, then take a look at EverWeb at http://www.everwebapp.com. This is by Rage Software and is very like iWeb in design and use, but with all the things that we all wished that iWeb had.

If you want a Content Management System, then probably the better ones to use are either Drupal or Joomla rather than WordPress. Great for creating membership sights etc and there are many extensions, modules and plugins to extend functionality. If you know html and css, you can change the templates to suit what you want.

I have just transferred most of my sites to Drupal for increased flexibility and everything can be done online, so no more domain files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2014 10:26 AM in response to dubaiblooms

iWeb has not been sold or supported by Apple for the past 2 years.

There are lots of alternatives around, but it depends on how complex you want to get. Yes there is Dreamweaver, but if you want something that is very like iWeb, then take a look at EverWeb at http://www.everwebapp.com. This is by Rage Software and is very like iWeb in design and use, but with all the things that we all wished that iWeb had.

If you want a Content Management System, then probably the better ones to use are either Drupal or Joomla rather than WordPress. Great for creating membership sights etc and there are many extensions, modules and plugins to extend functionality. If you know html and css, you can change the templates to suit what you want.

I have just transferred most of my sites to Drupal for increased flexibility and everything can be done online, so no more domain files.

Do Apple has web development software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.