Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Intuos GD-0608-U driver for OS X Maverick 10.9.3

Greetings!

Is there a tablet driver for the Wacom Intuos model GD-0608-U for OS X Maverick 10.9.3? The driver I downloaded from the Wacom website apparently doesn't work for my older model tablet, which still works amazing. The tablet itself lights up properly when the pen is touched to the surface, but there is no corresponding response on my Macbook Air (2011 model). I do not want to purchase a new tablet (unless I can find a free one haha) because they are so pricey; is there a driver elsewhere on the web that works with this model tablet and Mac software? Thank you!

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 1:17 PM

I have an Intuos 4 which will not work with the MacPro (cylinder) running El Capitan 10.11.6, insisting that the USB is being overloaded (although the tablet is plugged into a USB powered hub). I've tested the voltage and current at the MacPro's USB port, and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

So I tried to go back to my old faithful Intuos GD tablet. The current 6.3 drivers don't work at all for the Intuos GD tablet (no movement of the cursor onscreen). I tried the pro620-w4 driver that KevinSaw posted, and it works but doesn't provide a Preference Panel for changing settings. The result is that X-axis movement is at least twice that of Y-axis movement, and no way to adjust it. I get the same results with the WacomTablet_615-2 driver that Wacom has on their site—no functioning Pref Panel.

It's a real shame that Wacom has recently given up on supporting their hardware.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2017 1:17 PM in response to Scullyiza

I have an Intuos 4 which will not work with the MacPro (cylinder) running El Capitan 10.11.6, insisting that the USB is being overloaded (although the tablet is plugged into a USB powered hub). I've tested the voltage and current at the MacPro's USB port, and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

So I tried to go back to my old faithful Intuos GD tablet. The current 6.3 drivers don't work at all for the Intuos GD tablet (no movement of the cursor onscreen). I tried the pro620-w4 driver that KevinSaw posted, and it works but doesn't provide a Preference Panel for changing settings. The result is that X-axis movement is at least twice that of Y-axis movement, and no way to adjust it. I get the same results with the WacomTablet_615-2 driver that Wacom has on their site—no functioning Pref Panel.

It's a real shame that Wacom has recently given up on supporting their hardware.

Wacom Intuos GD-0608-U driver for OS X Maverick 10.9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.