Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I find it hard to hear people on a phone call.. Bad signal or phone?

when on a phone call I find it hard to hear the person talking, I have brought it to my phone networks attention but now I'm wondering could it be the phone?

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 12:26 PM

Hey youngdoran,

Thanks for the question. The following article provides troubleshooting steps that may help to resolve your issue:

iPhone: Receiver and call audio quality issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5196

User uploaded file

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Increase the volume during the call.

2. Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver. If you're using a protective case or display film, remove it and try again.

3. Make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.

4. Check the receiver opening to see if it is clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush.

5. Try another location with better signal. If the audio issue happens only when on a call, it could be due to the location.

6. If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or a car kit, try turning off Bluetooth on your device. Learn more about troubleshooting Bluetooth connections.

7. Restart the iPhone.

8. Make sure your device is up to date.

9. If the issue is not resolved after restoring the iPhone software, contact Apple Support.

If your issue persists after attempting these steps, please follow the last step to contact Apple Support.

Thanks,

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2014 12:26 PM in response to youngdoran

Hey youngdoran,

Thanks for the question. The following article provides troubleshooting steps that may help to resolve your issue:

iPhone: Receiver and call audio quality issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5196

User uploaded file

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Increase the volume during the call.

2. Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver. If you're using a protective case or display film, remove it and try again.

3. Make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.

4. Check the receiver opening to see if it is clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush.

5. Try another location with better signal. If the audio issue happens only when on a call, it could be due to the location.

6. If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or a car kit, try turning off Bluetooth on your device. Learn more about troubleshooting Bluetooth connections.

7. Restart the iPhone.

8. Make sure your device is up to date.

9. If the issue is not resolved after restoring the iPhone software, contact Apple Support.

If your issue persists after attempting these steps, please follow the last step to contact Apple Support.

Thanks,

Matt M.

I find it hard to hear people on a phone call.. Bad signal or phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.