Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Player not Installing?

I am running version 10.8.5. I cannot seem to install Flash Player on Safari, although it will work on Firefox. I have unistalled and reinstalled Flash Player multiple times as well as restarted my computer. Does anyone know why I keep having this problem?? It's very annoying, please help!!

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 1:28 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2014 2:24 PM in response to Alex857

Do you have the AdBlock Safari extension installed?

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab.

If you see AdBlock, either uninstall it or turn extensions off.

Then try downloading and installing Flash.

And make sure: Allow Plus-Ins is selected in Safari > Preferences > Security

With Safari open, you can also access Safari preferences using Command , (comma)

Jul 14, 2014 9:10 AM in response to Alex857

Guys, I thought that had solved my problems however I still seem to be having issues with this. Now when I try to watch a video on Safari it will say "blocked plug in." SO FRUSTRATING. I checked what version of Adobe I am have and it is 14.0.0, which seems to be the most recent update so I am unsure as to what the problem is now. I checked on my safari and I have the box for "allow all plug ins" checked off. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Flash Player not Installing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.