Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast App Crashing

Itunes Podcast App keeps crashing:

I have:

most up-to-date software update for itunes

deleted and re-installed podcast app

synced to itunes

restarted iphone

additionally I have:

removed all podcasts from itunes on computer & synced

removed all podcasts from podcast app

Additionally:

wish I'd bought a Samsung 😟

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 1:50 PM

96 replies

Jun 26, 2014 2:37 PM in response to JackFoster

Same issue, Oregon.

Same negative thoughts about iphone. If this were the first time it had happened, I wouldn't be as annoyed, but the new products/OS/apps are buggy as **** compared to when I first bought an Iphone 3GS. I wish I could go back to my old iphone, but the software and apps have largely been "upgraded" past it.

Podcasts seem to work as long as both cell and wifi are off, which means that you can't download new episodes unless you sync on the computer and you can't have the phone on while you listen to a podcast. What's the point of having everything on one device, again...?

Jun 26, 2014 2:50 PM in response to JackFoster

Same here in the United Kingdom.

Put iPhone in Airplane mode and app does not crash. Take it out and it crashes after a second or two of checking for new podcasts on app start-up.

I have tried removing app, reconfig reboot of iPhone, removed all data showing in iTunes/Music, reconfig reboot and then an app re-install.

App still crashes.

No idea why this should start crashing but there is a lot of app crash log files that have been sent to Apple from my phone so I hope they are on the ball.

This is a worry as I have over 78 feeds I subscribe to and really would;t be able to live without my daily podcasts.

First real issues have had in 18 months with Apple but not a good experience in the last 2 hours.

Podcast App Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.