Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reducing Strength of WiFi signal from Airport TimeCapsule

Hello Everyone,

I am using and Airport Time Capsule for backups and it is the main wireless router (not extended).

when I go outside of my appartement, I can still get good reception all around the building.

Is it possible to reduce the strength of the signal using Airport 6.3.2 under OSX 10.9.3? There are no settings for that but maybe I am missing something?

Thank you

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Unfortunately, Apple dropped quite a number of useful settings and features when they introduced the 6.x versions of AirPort Utility.

The ability to adjust the Transmit Power was one of them.

Even if you try to change the setting on the Time Capsule using an older version of AirPort Utility 5.x, the setting change will not "stick" and the power will revert back to 100% when you "update" the settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2014 6:40 AM in response to PikScrum

Unfortunately, Apple dropped quite a number of useful settings and features when they introduced the 6.x versions of AirPort Utility.

The ability to adjust the Transmit Power was one of them.

Even if you try to change the setting on the Time Capsule using an older version of AirPort Utility 5.x, the setting change will not "stick" and the power will revert back to 100% when you "update" the settings.

Jul 13, 2014 10:31 PM in response to PikScrum

Not cool, I have a small place with 2 young children in close quarters.

They need to bring back this option for safety sake.

I bet this option is turned on in the UK, I assume because they different laws there governing wifi signal strength etc.

It really is not that hard apple, please add the signal strength menu for the Time Capsule and Time Machine and Express.

Reducing Strength of WiFi signal from Airport TimeCapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.