Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I using so much RAM on my Macbook Pro with Retina?

I checked the RAM usage and I only have about 2 GB out of my 8 GB available. And when I use Adobe Lightroom 5 I'm screwed because it uses all of the RAM and I can't even edit because it freezes. This is crazy. Please help me. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 9:32 PM

8 replies

Aug 15, 2014 8:44 AM in response to Csound1

I am not the topic starter, but I'm experiencing the same kind of problem.

I recently baught a new macbook pro, the version with 16gb of ram and 2 graphical cards and when starting up, (closing the adobe cloud and other background apps) with only dropbox running in the background. The only applications open are finder, firefox and activity montitor, please help ?

User uploaded file

Aug 17, 2014 7:23 AM in response to Csound1

I assumed that after reading the apple explanation about the compressed memory ...

Last night I rendered some video material and had all value's at about the max, but the stress diagram showed nothing to worry about ... My video has never been rendered that fast, my previous MBP was from 2009 ... 🙂

I don't know if I can ask this here : I need to use a video editor in Windows (I can't go around that because it's from Laptimer manufacturer for getting télémetry data into my video) and after installing win 8.1 trough parallels it shows in my windows preferences that I have only 1 or 2 gb ram and about 0.5 gb gfx , is this normal ? Also rendering through windows in parallels is pretty slow ...

If this last part isn't the correct place to ask, you may delete it !

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Matthias

Why am I using so much RAM on my Macbook Pro with Retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.