Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer data from old iPhone to new one without iCloud?

Hi. My iPhone's screen no longer works. I never turned on iCloud, and my dad just ordered a new phone for me. My question is, is there a way I can transfer my old contacts, pictures, music, and apps without iCloud? If you can please help me, it'd be appreciated. Thank you!

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 10:00 AM

Yes, use your iTunes backup.

I assume you backup to iTunes on a regular basis right?

If you have no backup then sorry there is nothing you can do transfer your information over to your new phone with a broken screen.

14 replies

Jun 27, 2014 10:13 AM in response to Wani Aamir

Wani Aamir wrote:

Hi Nick,

Yes you can transfer data to your new iPhone without iCloud. You just need to connect old iPhone to iTunes, take a backup and then restore that backup on your new iPhone.

That's assuming the OP has ever sync/backup with iTunes before, if he hasn't it will ask him to unlock his phone or ask to authorized the phone.

which the OP can't do, because of a broken screen.

Nov 26, 2015 11:36 PM in response to Nick H M.

Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s (Plus) via iTunes:

Step 1. Make a backup for your old iPhone via iTunes.

Step 2. You should turn off your old iPhone because it’ll cause conflicts with backups in iCloud.

Step 3. Turn on your new iPhone to set up your iPhone and tap on Restore from iTunes Backup.

Step 4. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes on the computer, which you used to backup your old iPhone.

Step 5. iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set up as new. Select the latest backup of your old device and click Continue button. Make sure that iTunes is showing you the latest backup of your old iPhone.

Step 6. When the restore process is complete, your new iPhone will restart. Then it will be ready for use.

Dec 20, 2016 7:15 PM in response to Nick H M.

When you say you never "used" iCloud, do you mean you never backed up to it?

Kazzeake may be on the right track, but you say you do NOT have your old iPhone (even if it powered up, it may still be a difficult)

Here's what to try:

Login to iCloud

Look at your Contacts there

If these are right ones (or even a partial list), you can do it either way from this [OFFICIAL] page
http://www.wondershare.com/mobile-phone/icloud-contacts-to-android.html
- Method 1 is using MobileTrans for Mac (Kazzeake's *indirect* link)
- Method 2 is the manual iCloud 'Export Vcard' method

How do I transfer data from old iPhone to new one without iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.