Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes window stuck at the top - cannot resize the window

Is this part of some glitch that's running around?

When I open iTunes (11.2.2 running on 10.9.3) - the top bar is extended above the top of my screen - so I can't resize it - the red, yellow and green buttons are all out of sight - above - and I've tried everything to get them back - everything is cut off at the top.

Any simple solution, I'm sure?

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 9:44 AM

6 replies

Jun 27, 2014 10:30 AM in response to Rysz

Thank you for your response, but nope - that's not it. The only way I can see what track is playing and the scroll bar indicating where the song is playing at (and the cover art - that part of the top of the bar) - is by going into Full Screen Mode. When I switch out of full scree mode, the top of the toolbar/iTunes goes back up - cutting everything off.

Jun 28, 2014 8:50 AM in response to ivanguy35

So this is what it looks like - and it's not on full screen mode - I can't access the red, yellow or green buttons to resize - I can resize the sides and bottom - but can't click on the very top to drag it down - and when I play music - you can't see what track is playing or the scrub bar (?) - only if I then go into full screen mode. But no matter what I do - iTunes always opens stuck at the top.

User uploaded file

Jul 10, 2014 12:17 PM in response to ivanguy35

I still can't figure it out - I was hoping it would fix itself after the update ... but it still looks the same (see above).

The problem is that I can only access the interface via full-screen mode. When it's not in full screen mode, the top banner gets cut off so I can't see what's playing or do searches or anything. I can't resize the window "down" because the side arrows for the corners do not show up.

Any idea at all??

Jul 11, 2014 9:13 AM in response to Rysz

I still can't figure it out - I was hoping it would fix itself after the update ... but it still looks the same (see above).

The problem is that I can only access the interface via full-screen mode. When it's not in full screen mode, the top banner gets cut off so I can't see what's playing or do searches or anything. I can't resize the window "down" because the side arrows for the corners do not show up.

Any idea at all??

iTunes window stuck at the top - cannot resize the window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.