Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't want to update or upgrade my mac pro help?

Hello,

I have a mac pro intel.

late 2007.

I went through the up dates and upgrades and am at osx 10.5.8

I have software on the machine (a bunch) that is set up for this operating system.

If I upgrade to a more current os I will have to back up and start upping all of my existing programs (which will turn into some $$ which I can't afford and not to mention the time of getting comparability issues under control.

Knock on wood, Everything is functioning. I have things backed up, But in the future if something fails, will I be able to get a system up and running again on 10.5.8?

Kinda losing sleep over this..

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 3:23 PM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2014 7:56 AM in response to ritelec

Hey there ritelec,

It seems like you are wanting to know if you will be able to reinstall Mac OS X Leopard in the future if you ever need to. That won't be a problem and you should be able to install it again per the following article:

Installing Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1544

When the installation is done, you'll also be able to update it with:

OS X: Updating OS X and Mac App Store apps

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1338

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Jun 29, 2014 10:33 AM in response to ritelec

Have been on Snow Leopard since a little while after it came out - on the upgrade on my Mac Pro - had one program that required an upgrade - and that was 3rd party database program that was cheap so guess thats how they made the dollars.

You may want to check compatibility of your software with snow leopard. and get the hard copy of it.

Have not updated software since because like you - had needs that came before wants.

Sad to discover Apple doesn't realize there are people who dropped expensive high speed cable/internet for slower less expensive connections and antenna TV.

Don't want to update or upgrade my mac pro help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.