Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bitedefender found Trojan.GenericKD.1635815 - Disinfect failed

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I sadly opened a zip file of an email on my macbook. As it turns out it is a Trojan. I have run Bitedefender and was able to find Trojan.GenericKD.1635815 six times.

User uploaded file

Two of them have been moved to Quarantine, for two other disinfection failed and the remaining two could not be moved to Quarantine.

User uploaded file

What am I supposed to do now? Is the Trojan under control or do I need to take further action in order to protect my macbook?

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 6:08 PM

7 replies

Jun 27, 2014 6:55 PM in response to James Germany

I'm not familiar with Mail (I use Outlook), but they should all be email attachments. Note that one of them is still in the compressed .rar format. If Bitdefender tells you which emails they are, then it should be easy enough to find them. Otherwise, you'll have to manually examine the names of the attachments for the emails that have them to figure out which ones to remove.

I can't make a suggestion for any items that have been moved out of Mail's mail boxes by Bitdefender since I don't know where it moves them to.

Jun 28, 2014 9:27 AM in response to James Germany

Download the free EasyFind here. Run the app and put in the name of the compressed attachment shown in your quarantine screen shot. In this case, DER EBOOK.rar . Make sure the drop down menu at the upper left has your main hard drive selected. Press Enter to begin the search. That should locate where Bitdefender moved the email and its attachment to. Not sure about the other one listed, but I think they're actually the same email. The first line is the email itself, and the second line is the .rar attachment.

Bitedefender found Trojan.GenericKD.1635815 - Disinfect failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.