Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of excessive pop up adds? I have a newer desk top. When on the internet adds pop up all the time.

How do I get rid of excessive pop up ads? When on the internet they always pop up. I think I have a virus.

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 6:51 AM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2014 8:19 AM in response to vanessahodur

You probably have some kind of adware installed, assuming that your Mac is not actually running OS 9 or earlier (systems that date back to the 90s). I'm assuming that the forum choice was an error, as I doubt such an old system would even be capable of properly displaying modern websites. What version of Mac OS are you actually running? (Go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac.)

Assuming you're actually running some version of Mac OS X, see my Adware Removal Guide for help finding and removing the adware.

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

How do I get rid of excessive pop up adds? I have a newer desk top. When on the internet adds pop up all the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.