Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a multi disk DVD set?

I have an 8 hour session that I need to create and put on DVD and still retain the quality of video.

I am using DVD Pro 4.1.2.

Video edited on FCP 5.1.4.

I would like to create a DVD set with out having to guess about creating start and stop points.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 2:15 PM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2014 3:09 PM in response to Steve.Bowers

Decide how much video you want per disc (if you're using single layer discs, I'd recommend no more than two hours per disc). Once you've decided, look for a spot at the appropriate time on your Timeline in FCP for the end of disc one (e.g.: around the two hour mark). Cut that video at that point and copy everything after that point to a new Timeline (with the same settings). Repeat the process until you have a separate Timeline for each disc's video. Add chapter markers if needed, then export each Timeline Sequence using Compressor.

In Compressor, use the appropriate DVD Preset for the length of video you decoded to use per disc. Once you have all videos compressed, author and burn each disc separately in it's own DVD Studio Pro project.

-DH

Jun 28, 2014 4:37 PM in response to Steve.Bowers

I'd also recommend that each disc be clearly labels as to which disc in the set it is (e.g.; Disc 1 of 4, Disc 2 of 4, etc). I'd also put a short title slate at the beginning of each disc to identify it and at the end of each disc another title slate instructing the viewer to insert the next disc (assuming they're still awake).

-DH

How to create a multi disk DVD set?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.