Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

inserted a cd into my macbook 13" 2010, will not recognise it or even eject it.

Someone please help me all info is in title.

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 5:01 PM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2014 5:24 PM in response to Khris2808

Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive

Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the

left mouse button until the disc ejects.

2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.

3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.

4. Press COMMAND-E.

5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in

your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If this fails then try this:

Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.

Jun 29, 2014 10:09 AM in response to kaz-k

I have had this issue before and the way I normally tried to solve is via hearing if the cd drive is functioning with sounds, then if it is not functioning, it mostly could be a defective cd drive if not doing anything. If the cd drive is giving sound while you have your ear close up to the drive. then its gotta be a disc which is somehow jammed which is rare case for it. just a question, what size is the disc you had put into your drive? if a small type of disc, then you'd have issues due to the cd drives for MacBooks ain't really made for what i'd like to call as micro disc's, which you normally get with products which have drivers on a disc with them.

inserted a cd into my macbook 13" 2010, will not recognise it or even eject it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.