Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix error 3014 on windows?

it wont restore i just get error message "3014" on windows computer

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 5:12 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2014 10:01 AM in response to giovani7799

Hey giovani7799,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing error 3014 when attempting to restore your device. The following article addresses this error message and potential resolution:

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

Resolve communication issues

Check the hosts file or TCP/IP filtering, which might cause communication issues between iTunes, ports, and servers.

Common errors: 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, or 3000-3999. These alerts refer to gs.apple.com, say "There was a problem downloading the software", or say the "device isn't eligible for the requested build".

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jul 28, 2015 5:43 PM in response to matt00

I've tried many many things to restore this iphone 5. I've reset my host files, disabled firewall and antivirus. I've even tried adding my computer to the DMZ list on my router in order to bypass any security there blocking it, to no avail. I've removed any usb other than my mouse and keyboard. I've even tried on the mac at work, my girlfriends laptop and i'm still getting the 3014 error of death which has been the bane of my existence for some time now. This really shouldnt be this complicated or frustrating for someone of my computer experience, where does that leave others who are less savvy? as I write this I realized the answer to that, and it's probably a way for apple to squeeze some more money out of the public by making it near impossible for you to DIY.

Forgive the rant, any help would be appreciated.

how to fix error 3014 on windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.