Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't ffwd or rewind work on hbogo app any longer

For the past several months ffwd fast forward and rewind features won't work on hbogo app on appletv. Struggles on netflix interface as well. Really annoying. Anyone know of a fix?

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 7:22 PM

7 replies

Jul 4, 2014 12:49 PM in response to Fubiz1

Normal Apple TV rewind and fast forward on HBO GO does not seem to work anymore, but chapter skipping does. To jump ahead or backwards, press the DOWN button on the Apple TV remote. This will show you the bar with the segments, little black lines on the blue bar. Now click left arrow or right arrow in order to skip a segment back or forward. Click the Play button if it freezes. Hope that helps!

Jul 18, 2014 7:13 PM in response to arm1283

I briefly got the 2x FF and rewind to work a couple of times, now it just freezes up, and I could not get 4x and 8x FF or rewind to work. Now I am just chapter skipping segments which is 4 minutes at time, but if you miss a word or a scene you have to go back and watch the whole 4 minutes over again. Hope Apple fixes this in the next update since it worked fine in the past.

Aug 25, 2014 1:19 PM in response to BartoloTX

So here's what just worked for me. First, and I did not know this, apparently there is an option to "Pair" your remote. Because it worked out of the box I don't guess I ever paired it. Settings > General > Remotes

That helped return the FF feature, but only with a blank screen.

I decided to try to my iPhone remote to see if that would work and having reset my Apple TV, I had to turn on the home sharing feature within Apple TV.

Once I did that, using my regular silver Apple TV remote, everything went back to normal. Yeah!!

I hope this helps some others. Please let me know if I can help.

Why won't ffwd or rewind work on hbogo app any longer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.