Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older Sessions Not Loading Plug-ins

Since installing Logic Pro X, when attempting to open a session created in Logic Pro 9 I now get this pop up window and my instruments don't load. They all have the ⚠ on them. But i can go thru the sub menu's and re-insert the same exact plug-in on the channel, but it will not load the preset/patch that it should. Its either blank, or the first "default" patch like your inserting a new instance. I did not move any folders, all my plug-ins are installed correctly, because as I said I can re-add them just fine. Any ideas?? I'd hate to think that GBs of previous sessions and projects are totally gone and a waste. PLEASE don't tell me that...

My software is up to date, everything worked fine before I installed the new version of Logic….

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 10:18 PM

23 replies

Jul 6, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Mr609

First, let me say that all my Logic 9 projects (and older) all open in Logic Pro X without the problems you're having.

One can therefore assume that other issues are involved

I can make some suggestions:

Run Disk Utility on your drives.

If you have DiskWarrior, run that first. (Boot from a second drive)

Repair permissions.

It may just be that some system error is causing your problems and will be fixed through general maintenance routines.

An obvious workaround is to open the old projects in Logic 9 first, then save the settings for the problematic plugins. Then open the project in Logic X and just load the saved settings.

Jul 6, 2014 6:33 PM in response to Colin Shapiro

im getting the same exact issue now trying to reopen that session in Logic Pro 9…im officially baffled. because the plug ins are there. and passed validation. i can even re-add the same plug in to the same track. only issue is that when a new plug in is loaded, the wanted preset is now lost…smh..this is a headache and a half…attemptign to repair disk permissions now….

Jul 11, 2014 2:21 PM in response to Mr609

It's very strange...

It's also hard to say what you should try. If it was me, I'd first clone my drive (using SuperDuper) then do all the tests on the clone. If this is not possible for you, you could certainly try re-installing Logic (both versions) or even try re-isntalling your 10.8.5 OS using a Combo updater. Re-installing the system might fix any general problems causing the issues you're having. I doubt it's the plugins themselves.

One more question:

Where are your plugins? They should be in [Yourdrive]/Library/Audio/Plug-ins

Keep us posted...

Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM in response to Mr609

You are welcome...

But, upon further examination of the screenshot of the error dialog box you posted up.. I think something else is going on.. as all the Plugin names showing in that dialog box, are truncated to 11 characters.... and that might be a clue as to the real problem...

It might be the dialog box itself is doing that... in order to fit everything on the screen but I don't recall that being the case when i have seen similar dialog boxes in the past.

Maybe someone like CCT or Clancy might be able to shed further light on this?

Also.. do the errant plugins appear correctly in the AU manager within Logic?

Finally,

You haven't used any form of wrapper to get them to work with External Controllers... such as Novation's Automap have you?

Older Sessions Not Loading Plug-ins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.