Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync and Snap to 24 fps for 3d animation

Hi

I am working with a 3D animator and he would like some sound effects for his animation. He has given me frame numbers to sync my samples to, and the project frame rate is 24 fps. I am using logic pro 9 on a macbook pro running osx 10.9.3.

I have not done this before and am after some basic advice! I usually work with tempo as bpm or seconds and don't think about external syncing.

Is there a way to get the snap to the frame position, or use smpte to go to each frame position easily? I have not used markers or smpte before, or, maybe someone would approach this another way?

I guess I can just use math and time display, but I thought their might be a way to get logic to do this a little easier. I have quite a few sync points and am expecting more soon! 🙂

Thanks!

Amy

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 9:34 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 12:03 AM in response to Amy and Mary

I've never worked with frame numbers, that's for graphic departments...we refer to SMPTE timecode. It's also very important that your editor give you a QuickTime with burned-in timecode to always make sure everything is running in sync on the audio post production side. Is everybody on this film working at 24 FPS?

For Sound Design projects, I made a shortcut for "forward one frame" and "rewind one frame". I set the bpm to 120. I also display SMPTE "without bits".

Sync and Snap to 24 fps for 3d animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.