Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Punching in and Out with Real Instruments

I want to punch in and out during a guitar solo to replace a small 2 measure part of the song.

I have used the cycle feature and created a second take of the 2 measures. After I record the second take, I am given a new track with the 2 measures I re-recorded and all other parts muted. I want to put this "on top" of the original region to REPLACE the screw up in the first take (not just create a new track)

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 11:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2014 7:53 AM in response to kdmoore92

You've posted this in the the IOS forum. Are you using IOS? Your screenshot doesn't look anything like the garageband on my ipad. I don't know if this helps, but can't you just record the part you want on a separate track, cut it to exactly the right size, then paste it over the part in the original track which you want to replace? On my garageband I don't even have to bother with that - if I want to 'drop in', I just record over the same track, then zoom in and 're-drag' the original recording so it fits round the new section (since the original take is still there 'behind' the new take, so to speak).

Jul 3, 2014 8:06 AM in response to kdmoore92

Your screenshot looks like GarageBand 10.0 on a Mac. GarageBand 10.0 does not have a punch-in option.

Your best bet would be indeed the option that AngusMcFive described. Either record in a second track, trim the recorded region, and drag it to the track you want to punch in. Or record directly on top of the region you want to fix.

Punching in and Out with Real Instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.