Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I store my iTunes library on a non-system disk and iTunes cant find it

. I store my iTunes library on a non-system disk and iTunes cant find it.

I replicated the directory structure of my My Music directories (including the iTunes directory)

In /settings/advanced options. what directory should I point the iTunes Library at?

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 3:21 AM

Press and hold down shift as you launch iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Choose the iTunes Library.itl file in your iTunes folder. See iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one for more details.

Check the media folder setting under Edit > Preferences > Advanced has adjusted to the correct path and change if needed.

If you library was in a portable layout, i.e. an iTunes library folder containing an iTunes Media folder with all content then it should "just work"™. If not then I have some advice and tools for fixing broken links to content.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2014 3:21 AM in response to hersh12

Press and hold down shift as you launch iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Choose the iTunes Library.itl file in your iTunes folder. See iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one for more details.

Check the media folder setting under Edit > Preferences > Advanced has adjusted to the correct path and change if needed.

If you library was in a portable layout, i.e. an iTunes library folder containing an iTunes Media folder with all content then it should "just work"™. If not then I have some advice and tools for fixing broken links to content.

tt2

I store my iTunes library on a non-system disk and iTunes cant find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.