Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of Kodak Printer Bonjour Agent permanently?

I can't find any Kodak files on my Mac Air, I thought I had removed it fully, but every time I start my Mac it asks me to allow or deny access to that Kodak printer software. Please, help.

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 6:51 AM

13 replies

Mar 27, 2017 4:02 AM in response to koochieMaine

Replying To:

Re: How to get rid of Kodak Printer Bonjour Agent permanently?

Finder-->Go-->Enclosing Folder then type in

/Library/Printers

delete

Kodak

I used activity monitor and use Sample processes to find the file path and traced it back.

Cheers!

This was the most helpful answer for me. The printer was uninstalled through the system preferences>Printer Scanner area, but this file stayed behind and kept popping up to ask if I wanted to update. I think the system might have changed a bit because I couldn't find Enclosing Folder:

Finder>Go>Go To Folder

/Library/Printers

Dragged Kodak to the Trash!

Jun 29, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Linc Davis

I have been to this website but the trouble is that the KODAK AiO Home Center icon on the Dock is not there anymore. I thought I had deleted all the file related to that printer but it doesn't seem to be the case. Some files must have stayed somewhere but I don't know where. And I don't know how trustworthy Csound1's suggested software Etrecheck is to use it for spotting these files. Sorry, Csound1 but I have had bad experience downloading unknown softwares so I'm a bit cautious about it.

Jun 29, 2014 8:18 AM in response to davezak13

The Etrecheck was written by a member on these forums. The ultimate goal is to scan the contents of your Mac, produce a report and remove any personal information. Generates a report sheet for your to copy so you can paste it here.

If you didn't click on the link... this is the passage that is on that page.

User uploaded fileEtreCheck

Read more about EtreCheck.

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

EtreCheck automatically removes any personally identifiable information from the output. EtreCheck does not need super-user privileges to run. It will also never ask for your password. It is signed with my Developer ID issued by Apple so it can be installed on systems protected by Apple's Gatekeeper system.

It has helped many people that I've seen in the little time I've been on the forums.

KOT

Jun 29, 2014 8:46 AM in response to davezak13

the KODAK AiO Home Center icon on the Dock is not there anymore

Reinstall it and then follow the instructions to remove it.

I'm a bit cautious about it.

You're wise to be cautious about installing unknown software just because a stranger on the Internet tells you to, especially when, as in this case, there's no legitimate reason to do it.

By the way, the fact that an application is signed with Apple Developer certificate is, unfortunately, no guarantee that it's safe. There is malware in wide circulation right now that has such a signature, and Apple has chosen to do nothing about it. You can't rely on Gatekeeper alone for protection against malware.

May 5, 2015 5:54 AM in response to davezak13

You may uncheck Bonjour option and others to begin with by editing distribution.xml which is found in Install Software App.

Because you cannot write inside a .dmg disk you need to copy the Install Software.app into to a folder where you can modify it. Then change to that directory in Terminal and execute:

open -e "`find Install\ Software.app | grep distribution.xml`".

Or you can also "Show Package Contents" first for Install Software.app then inside Resources for AiOInstaller.app and then search for "distribution.xml" in finder and open it with TextEdit.

Replace all start_selected="false" with start_selected="true" and save.

Next time you open Install Software App you can uncheck Bonjour along with what appears to me quite useless "Home Center". Scanning and printing works for me without both Bonjour and the Home Center things.

How to get rid of Kodak Printer Bonjour Agent permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.