Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It is impossible to see my Itunes Music list in Iphoto/ Dia / Source

Iphoto 11

Itunes 11.2.2.(3)

Trouble with Iphoto :

To make a Diashow in Iphoto11, the Musicsource shows Itunes but the list ist inactive (empty),

I cannot add my own personal music to my diashows anymore, but I did this for years.

No efficient Helpsupport available.

Can anybody help me out?

neverchange from Luxembourg

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 8:21 AM

13 replies

Jun 30, 2014 12:33 AM in response to neverchange

And the answer to Terence Devlin's question? That is really important. We need to see, if the problem is due to iPhoto or iTunes. If other applications also do not show the iTunes library, you need to troubleshoot iTunes and not iPhoto.

Can you access it from other applications?

If you open any other application that uses the Media browser - Pages, Keynote, GarageBand, Mail - do they show iTunes music, when you use the Media Browser?

If no other application is showing you iTunes Library, rebuild it by removing the file "iTunes Library.xml". The procedure is described her:

How to recreate iTunes Library http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451 http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

But if you can access the iTunes library from other applications post back with more information.

Jun 30, 2014 8:41 PM in response to léonie

Thank you Léonie,

I cannot access iTunes from any other programm. Same story : "start iTunes to see the list.."

I tried do recreate iTunes Library, but this was complicated, with no effect.

But what I found out that I cannot access Iphoto from another program either, impossible to

import pictures from Iphoto in Pages or Word, same trouble "start Iphoto to see the list..."

that's today....

thank you for staying with me

neverchange

Jul 6, 2014 11:13 PM in response to neverchange

Then try to delete the iApps preferences as described here by Old Toad:

Re: Why can't iPhoto, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and iMovie access my iTunes Library files and Pages, Numbers, Keynote and …

Open your Home/Library/Preferences folder and move these files to the Desktop, if they exist:

com.apple.iApps.plist

com.apple.iApps.lockfile

Then reboot and try accessing the media again from iTunes and iPhoto.

Your Home folder is hidden by default in Lion.

You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu:

Finder > Go, then hold down the options ⌥ key, until the Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and open the Library folder.

Then open the subfolder "Preferences" and look for a the files com.apple.iApps.plist and com.apple.iApps.lockfile.

Move them to the Desktop.

Jul 10, 2014 3:24 AM in response to neverchange

pleaese explain?

No other application is seeing your iTunes library.

So the problem must be with iTunes or the iTunes library.

You already reinstalled the system. You rebuilt your iTuned library.

I simply wanted to make sure, that you have tried to run iTunes after you reinstalled the system. This will write the preferences files again.

Is iTunes still working well after the system reinstall?

You could try to reinstall iTunes. And if that does not help, ask in the iTunes for Mac forum.

It is impossible to see my Itunes Music list in Iphoto/ Dia / Source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.