Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't leave comments on blogs using iPad

I cannot comment on blogs using my iPad. Have tried Safari and Chrome. Found a suggestion to try Opera but it is so slow it won't even load the sites. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 9:44 AM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2014 10:41 AM in response to Rlb0815

Many sites should be optimized for use with mobile devices. What is happening when you try to add comments on these sites? and what sites are you talking about? Can you share one of them and someone else can try?

You really need to explain in detail and with context when you need help. Just stating that you can't do something doesn't give helpers enough information to go on.

Jun 29, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Demo

The problem seems to be specific to blogs. I enter the required information in the comment fields, i.e., name, email, website, and comment--then hit the submit button. The site goes through refresh as if processing comment but comment doesn't appear. I have researched online and this appears to be a common problem when using iPads to leave comments on blogs. The only suggested solution has been to use Opera browser but it is extremely slow. Here are some examples of sites:

http://picky-palate.com/2014/06/16/cheesy-mediterranean-bacon-quesadilla/

http://www.recipegirl.com/2014/06/20/watermelon-gin-fizz

also, it doesn't make a difference if the site is mobile responsive.

Jun 29, 2014 12:23 PM in response to Rlb0815

Well that makes it much easier to understand now what is happening. Unfortunately, it cannot explain why it doesn't work. I would rather not "register" in order to try these specific sites, but I have been able to leave comments on other blog sites using my iPad, so apparently it is a site specific issue. These two websites seem to be set up to leave comments the in the same identical manner, meaning that name, email are both required. I'm not sure why these sites won't work, bit I also don't know any difference that using Chrome would make or what the reasons for that would be. I am not a fan of Safari at all, but Safari is the fastest browser that I have used on the iPad and I have used 6 or 7 different browsers on my iPad.

Can't leave comments on blogs using iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.