Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro won't charge when I plug it in. the green or orange light won't even turn on. The computer is dead already, so I cannot mess with my settings. What do you suggest?

I have a Mac Book Pro with the serial number: C0*******TY3 and the model no: A1278. I wanted to charge it this morning, and it won't charge meaning that the light even won't turn on, and also my computer is dead, so I cannot change anything on the system preferences. What should I do? I will make an appointment at the Genius Bar, but what do you thing the problem is here?

<Edited By Host>

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 11:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2014 11:09 AM in response to Leila S

First see the MagSafe troubleshooting tips:Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters and check to see that all looks ok. You might want to try using another charger in case the charger is faulty. If that doesn't help, take the MacBook Pro and charger to an Apple store genius bar and have the technicians test the system to see where the fault is.

My MacBook Pro won't charge when I plug it in. the green or orange light won't even turn on. The computer is dead already, so I cannot mess with my settings. What do you suggest?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.