Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Droste effects in Motion5

Hi friends,

anyone would know how could I produce Droste Effects in Motion5 (look this example made in affter efects: https://vimeo.com/7777871).

Best regards

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 12:16 PM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2014 3:47 PM in response to JoaoInacio

There used to be a Droste filter in Motion (v4.x and earlier) but Apple pulled it (and all the Filter Image Units) in v5.0. We could still open projects from Motion 4 using a Droste filter and save it in the Library (Favorites, usually.) However, it completely stopped working in version 5.1.0. No parameters appear for it anymore.

You can request it by Providing Motion Feedback (from the Motion menu) but I really don't expect to see it again.

Jun 29, 2014 8:26 PM in response to JoaoInacio

It is called Droste and it's only accessible from the Library:

User uploaded file

It could have been an older effect (from Motion 3.x) that I copied over... but I do believe it was still available when Motion 4 was around. You probably should be running Lion or older (that's about the last time I can remember it still working.) It may still work in Mountain Lion, but it is definitely not working in Mavericks.

If you get it working, don't expect to be able to do the same kind of effect as you saw in that video.

Droste effects in Motion5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.