Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use Keynote 09 on new MacBook Pro 15"

I have just purchased a brand new MacBook Pro 15" which has OS X 10.9.3 preloaded, along with the latest versions of iWork.

I don't like the new Keynote, and on my old MacBook (13") was using the older version (5.3, part of iWork '09). I have tried to transfer this across to my new machine. I have also downloaded the update from iWork 9.3 . But the program will not load.

It says: Keynote cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Keynote works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

I have deleted all plist files, rebooted, etc, as found elsewhere on this forum (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5639497). Please help.

I urgently need to use Keynote '09 and would like it to work on my new machine. Any suggestions on how to load this properly?

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 2:14 AM

I have tried to transfer this across to my new machine.

Keynote 5.3 must be installed properly using the original installer file, this would either be on a DVD or as a download file if purchased from the Mac App Store. Keynote will not work if it is copied from the applications folder from another Mac or transferred using Migration Assistant.

If you no longer have an original Keynote or iWorks installer, the only option is to buy second hand, (Apple do not sell iWorks 09 any more) Ebay or Amazon have it available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2014 2:14 AM in response to graemecod

I have tried to transfer this across to my new machine.

Keynote 5.3 must be installed properly using the original installer file, this would either be on a DVD or as a download file if purchased from the Mac App Store. Keynote will not work if it is copied from the applications folder from another Mac or transferred using Migration Assistant.

If you no longer have an original Keynote or iWorks installer, the only option is to buy second hand, (Apple do not sell iWorks 09 any more) Ebay or Amazon have it available.

Use Keynote 09 on new MacBook Pro 15"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.