Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my ipad can not update the ios7.1.1

why my ipad can not update the ios 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 6:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2014 10:38 AM in response to crivera350

Hello there, crivera350.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for if you are unable to update your iOS device:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Recovery mode erases your device and restores it, which should resolve the issue. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore from your backup after recovery.

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
  2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
  3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
    User uploaded fileiTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
  5. Use iTunes to restore your device.

If you don't see your device in iTunes, follow these steps for Mac or these for Windows.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

why my ipad can not update the ios7.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.