Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import GPS Data from my Sony Cybershot HX50V camera?

I bought a new Sony Cybershot HX50V camera because it has a 30x zoom and GPS built-in. I have the GPS turned on, and while the camera shows that I'm receiving a strong GPS signal, the data is not being read in iPhoto. (It's being captured by the Camera -- I've confirmed that the images have the GPS data embedded in them.)

I have already set my Preferences to "Look up Places" "Automatically", but the Data appears not to be transferring -- or at least it's not being read by iPhoto. (Photos taken with my iPhone transfer the GPS data just fine.)

I've transferred the photos from the Cybershot using both the USB Cable and by pulling the SDHC Card and inserting it into my iMac -- the photos & videos are transferring but there's no update to the "Places."

I'm using iPhoto 9.5.1 and OS X 10.9.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 8:27 PM

9 replies

Jul 1, 2014 9:57 AM in response to Old Toad

If look up locations is set to never then correcting it is the anserw - if it is already set then looking at the data is required as I said - but since Sony GPS data works well for me (several SONY cameras) and we have had no complaints about it here the must most likely solution is correcting the preference

LN

Jul 3, 2014 7:08 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks again for responding.

I had set iPhoto to Automatically Look up Places (see my original post). I tried Old Toad's suggestion, and the data was there for some of the photos but not all. I THINK I just missed the GPS icon in the camera's display (brand new camera & my first with GPS). I have been able to import the GPS Data on my most recent photos, but as they're all taken at home I'm going to test that over the long weekend. But my best guess is that I just hadn't grabbed a GPS signal yet.

How can I import GPS Data from my Sony Cybershot HX50V camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.