Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer digital photos from Olympus Stylus Tough to mac mini desktop - viewing

How to view digital photos transferred from Olympus Stylus Tough to Mac Mini after duplicated to desktop? Unable to locate.

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 12:22 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2014 1:23 PM in response to lllaass

Olympus website FAQ: I am aMac user. What software can I use to view my images and movies on my computer?

The [ib] software bundled with this camera is not compatible with Macintosh operating systems. Mac users who wish to transfer their images and movies to a Mac for viewing, editing and sharing have two options:

Connect the camera to the computer using the camera's bundled USB cable, and then manually transfer your files to the computer using standard copy/paste or drag and drop techniques. Once the files are on your computer, you can use any third-party application of your choice to view, edit and share them.After transferring data there is no efficient way to copy to a file. The folder provides a "duplicate" option and then it "copies" items to "desktop" by default.

===============

After I transfer the data the unnamed folder gives me the option to "duplicate". When I do this the data, by default, "copies" to the desktop.

I am unable to retrieve and locate the actual digital photos and videos, however. I have tried transferring data before and was able to locate it in the folder,

but this time I am not locating it.

My O.S. would not allow me to install the Olympus software needed.

transfer digital photos from Olympus Stylus Tough to mac mini desktop - viewing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.