Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My tracpad is depressed

My track pad seems to be getting hung up. When I push down on the track pad, it sticks. So if I am trying to highlight an article, it will highlight the article as It should, but then it will stay depressed and if I lightly drag my finger over it, it will UN-highlight. The thing that seems to fix it is to pick it up slightly from it's surface and just let the one corner drop a bit and clunk on the surface, but this cannot be good for continual issues. Is there a way to clean it or something?

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 2:42 PM

Is it sticking due to something being inside it or is the device itself worn out? If it's still under manufacturer's warranty (or even if it's not, just to have them try cleaning it to avoid you breaking it by accident) I'd bring it by an Apple store. Try to set up an appointment online before hand just so you don't have to wait around.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2014 2:42 PM in response to krbit

Is it sticking due to something being inside it or is the device itself worn out? If it's still under manufacturer's warranty (or even if it's not, just to have them try cleaning it to avoid you breaking it by accident) I'd bring it by an Apple store. Try to set up an appointment online before hand just so you don't have to wait around.

My tracpad is depressed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.