Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thunderbolt display doesn't startup after manual sleeping mode of mbp 13 retina

When I put my mbp13 retina to sleep manually my Thunderbolt display won't startup anymore.

After many connects, disconnects and restarts it's working again, but I don't dare to put the mbp to sleep anymore.

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 2:45 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Twillie9999

I have experienced this also - with my new Thunderbolt display attached to my new MacPro. The display went off to be checked by Apple but as of this morning they say they can't recreate the issue so I will be picking it up again - no doubt to experience the same!

However.....

Try not to use the in built thunderbolt cable and connect your display to your Mac using a thunderbolt cable plugged into the "expansion" thunderbolt socket instead. When I had my display I found that it awoke from sleep perfectly each time when it was connected that way. This indicated to me that the inbuilt thunderbolt cable was at fault but alas Apple seem to be unable to recreate this themselves for me 😟

thunderbolt display doesn't startup after manual sleeping mode of mbp 13 retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.