Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont install properly? please help!!

hello,

iTunes is being very difficult atm! reinstalled the iTunes software and the error message comes 'iTunes wont install properly...'.

I have run a diagnostics test and hoping someone can point in the direction of how to fix it! cannot even connect my iphone device to it.

please help!

thanks

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 3:50 PM

9 replies

Jul 1, 2014 1:41 AM in response to gurmifromlondon

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jul 2, 2014 4:03 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello again! unfortunately i tried all those steps several times and to no avail! I also ran a virus scan on the laptop and all came through OK!

its surprising how one day i can back up my phone with out any probs and the next day it just doesnt seem to work!

even tried a different cable to see if it would work but no!

anything else you can recommend me doing?

thanks

Jul 9, 2014 8:57 AM in response to gurmifromlondon

I don't have any suggested fixes to offer, but I am curious about how many people seem to be encountering issues with installing or upgrading the most recent versions of iTunes. Has anyone been able to suggest a common cause? I ask because although I have five installations of iTunes (and effectively manage three others for family members), using different versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8.1), wildly different hardware configurations, three different anti-virus products ... I've never seen any of the issues that many users are reporting. Indeed, the only problem I ever see is that the Apple Updater occasionally times out when downloading a new version of iTunes, which I can always address by downloading the full installer from Apple's website.

itunes wont install properly? please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.